Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Perfect 'forgot-my-lunch' Solution..

It was around 11:00am today when I realized what happened. I quickly called my husband to make sure... "yes baby, your lunch was sitting on the counter, so I put it back in the fridge." Oops.
Since becoming a Wife, I've been really trying to cut back on buying coffee and lunch during the work week - I'm obviously becoming a very responsible woman.

Things like this happen though, and there's no need to fear because I have a Starbucks nearby.

I love Starbucks for lunch because they are quick, budget friendly and on every other street corner. Such a Seatellite, I know.

So now, without further wait, I will share with my readers (probably just my dad) the perfect solution to a forgotten lunch.


The Spinach and Feta Wrap!
--A wheat wrap filled with egg white, spinach, feta cheese and tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (158 g)
Calories 280
Calories from Fat 90
Total Fat 10g
Cholesterol 20mg
Sodium 900mg
Total Carbohydrate 33g
Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugars 4g
Protein 18g
Calcium: 25%
Iron: 15%

As you can see, it's quite healthful with lots of fiber and low sugar. The only down side to me is that there's a significant amount of sodium, though it is my belief that the YUM factor outweighs this. If you'd like something a little more substantial, the Turkey Bacon Breakfast Sandwich may be the one for you. At around 350 calories, you will probably stay full a little longer than the wrap. I think either are pretty filling though. If you haven't tried one, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Don't be fooled by the word "Breakfast"; these are great lunches for only a fraction of what you would pay for a deli sandwich somewhere else.
Happy Eats

1 comment: