Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Working it out

Accomplishment is pushing yourself when no one else is watching.

I have always hated running by myself. Actually, I don't even think I hate it anymore, I just dread the thought of it. The idea of a 4 mile run on my own sounds like THE most boring 40 minutes of my whole life (and yes I'm a slow runner). I feel every step on the pavement and hear every breath that I take.
Because of this, I either find someone else to run with me or usually talk myself out of the run altogether.

Not good.

Today was no exception; I was drumming up every possible reason in my mind not to take Bella for a run, when finally I realized that I had no choice. One, I don't want to be a flabby, grumpy wife and two, Bella needs the exercise.

I am so glad that I did. I feel much better. However cliche or cheesy it may sound, I honestly believe that I do my best thinking when I run alone, sometimes even coming up with new life plans. Also, I'm finally now on the way to actually losing my honeymoon weight instead of adding to it.

The most satisfying part came when I decided to add an optional half mile into my loop. Normally I would instead congratulate myself for even getting out, and just stick to the 3.5 option.

There are some real runners out there that get up and run 6 miles every day before breakfast. I believe those people are crazy and for me, this was a true accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment