Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Computer, the Hater

At first Lucas thought I was being paranoid, but now he also sees the truth; our computers are turning against us. First it was his laptop with the deathly blue screen and now it is mine, sporatically turning the internet connection off on me. I have to actually close everything out and restart it to get the connection back --> A-NOY-ING.
So now I'm hesitantly starting a post and hoping that my computer is taking a break from trying to drive me into crazy-town. So far, so good... let's do this.
Many very interesting things have been happening in my life since we last met. Work, gym, online shopping... verrry interesting stuff. Since most of my health/food obsessions have come and passes since then, I'll stick to one topic tonight.
SKIN!!
As I've mentioned before, I have never had the perfect porcelain skin that some of my beautiful girlfriends carry around with them. Instead, I've dealt with breakouts, pores and what I think is a slightly red undertone.
I honestly hate to think about how much money I've spent over the years trying to correct this. Seriously, it's bad. I've tried Proactiv (honestly, what girl didn't), Arcona (allergic), Dior (breakouts), Clinique (too drying), and probably every drugstore brand out there (most bleached my pillow cases). Oh, and the gadgets! Reviews told me that the Clarisonic would change my sink forever...I obviously had to have one. So here I am, 28 years old and still coveting that porless skin.
In the midst of this search, I came across a newer skin line called Skintactix. Its system includes products for natural acne treatment, developed by a dermatologist and a biochemist.
As a part of their marketing campaign they are asking bloggers to use and review their products for one month, being honest about the results.

Never one to shy away from a new product, I sent my info in along with the Tratsie address and someone wrote me back saying that I had been approved for the trial.

As of Dec. 1st, I've been using the products and so far I really like them.

I'm currently using the following system:


Septicide Cleanser:
Ideal for rosacea, acne rosacea and dry or sensitive skin types. Effective bacterial control against P. acnes and other undesirable bacteria and their acne promoting lipases. Additional anti-inflammatory benefits. 5 ounces. pH 3.6
INGREDIENTS: Deionized Water (Aqua), Sodium Olefin C14-16 Sulfonate, Sodium Lauroyl Wheat Amino Acids, Glycerin, Wild Marjoram (Origanum Vulgare) Extract, Turmeric (Curcuma Longa) Extract, Licorice (Glycrrhiza Glabra) Extract, Salicylic Acid, Lavender (Lavendula Angustifolia) Oil, Citric Acid, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Methylisothiazolinone.


Gentle Follicle Exfoliator:
Ideal for rosacea, acne rosacea, dry and sensitive skin types. Keeps follicles clear. Effective bacterial control against P. acnes and other undesirable bacteria and their acne promoting lipases. Powerful anti-inflammatory benefits. 2 ounces. pH 3.3
DIRECTIONS: Apply sparingly following cleansing and lightly rub into the skin. Leave on the skin, do not rinse off.
INGREDIENTS: Deionized Water (Aqua), Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Lemon (Citrus Medica Limonum) Extract, Glycolic Acid, Bilberry (Vaccinium Mytrillus) Extract, Sage (Salvia Officinalis) Extract, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Phospholipids, Proline, Alamine, Arginine, Willow Bark (Salix Alba) Extract, Panthenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Zinc, Acetylmethionate, Phenoxyethanol, Salicylic Acid, Triclosan, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Captyloyl Glycine, Capryloyl Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA.


Green Tea Poultice:
For most skin types. Poultice action literally pulls infection and developing infection up and out of the skin. Provides extraordinary acne benefits against P. acne and other undesirable bacteria and their acne promoting lipases. Blocks the action of 5α-reductase. Powerful anti-inflammatory benefits. 2 ounces. pH 3.8
DIRECTIONS: In the AM apply to all areas that are affected by acne. Apply very lightly and immediately rub into the skin so the poultice disappears. Leave on all day, do not rinse off. In the PM apply slightly more liberally as the poultice does not have to be invisible. Leave on all night, do not rinse off. If Poultice rolls or does not penetrate, the prior product(s) was applied to liberally and is creating a barrier.
INGREDIENTS: Deionized Water (Aqua), Montmorillonite (Clay), Safflower (Carthamus Tinctorius) Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Green Tea (Camellia Oleifera) Extract, Betaglucan, Sulfur, Turmeric (Curcuma Longa) Extract, Willow Bark (Salix Alba) Extract, Aloe Vera (Barbadensis) Extract, Hydrocotyl (Centella Asiatica) Extract, Grapeseed (Vitis Vindera) Extract, Neem (Melia Azadirachta) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Salicylic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol.
Specialty


I absolutely love that these products don't include Benzoyl Peroxide, which is an ingrediant that has ruined my beautiful new pillow case by bleaching it. I mean, something can't possibly be good for my skin if it bleaches fabric, can it??

Also, my face has been a lot less dry. Make-up goes on smoother, and I find that the redness is already lessening.


I will be checking in here and there with my progress throughout the month and look forward to seeing how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment