Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Clean - Week 2

I had such a good weekend and am only now getting into gear with the new week. After a visit from Dad on Friday and a house full of friends Saturday, I'm here to give a little re-cap.

Week 1 going Clean went pretty darn great. The first two days were a little sluggish, but after that I definitely felt more alert and energized. I never felt too hungry, never too full....I think I even felt a little bit brighter. Is that weird?

My week of health continued until Saturday evening...
We had some wonderful friends come into town to stay with us and, color me silly, but I didn't think they would want a green protein shake for dinner.
With Game Night ahead of us, my friend and I doing the Cleanse together decided that we would take sat/sun off and enjoy our company - wine included.
This is normally where I would interject an "Ooops" but I didn't feel badly about it then and I don't feel badly about it now, after two more successful days back on.
I am, however, planning on staying Clean throughout the weekend coming up. I'm excited to see if there will be any more rewards coming my way!

Here's an example of some of the things I've been enjoying.

Hummus Crusted Chicken with spinach and arugula salad - SO good. I made this dinner for Lucas and my Dad on Friday while I drank my shake. It made a good lunch the next day though :)
Even though I ended up making my own hummus, using pumpkin seed butter instead of tahini (just what I had in the fridge), the recipe says store bought is just fine.



Kale and Lentil Soup - eh, it was okay. I didn't follow a recipe because I was being lazy, but I probably should have.

Roasted butternut squash, parsnips, beets and onions turn into.....


such yummy soup! I blended the roasted veggies with veggie broth and coconut milk. Loved



Friday Night

Dad and Lucas "boxing"


Saturday
Game Night!!!! I love love love game nights. I believe that there should be one once a month for sure. Who's hosting next??

No comments:

Post a Comment