Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dinner Time Special

 What makes a yum and healthful dinner after Zumba? 


Well, an appetizer to start..




The main course...





and dessert!!


After missing my two favorite Tuesday classes - Bodypump & Spin - there were very few choices left:  Yoga or Zumba.
Now, I love a good yoga class as much as the next wannabe yogi, but I prefer it hot.. as in over 100 degrees.. sadly not something that 24hr Fitness offers. 
So, Zumba it was. 
And I am happy to say that the class tonight, taught by April at Bellevue 24hr, was pretty darn good!  I had fun with more challenging moves than I've seen in the past, and I actually left sweating.
Sweating is, as far as I'm concerned, the true test to whether I worked out or not.  I just don't feel right if I don't. 
The class tonight also offered a great ab workout; no crunches or planks (boo planks), but more similar to the type you would experience in a Turbokick class.  Standing crunches if you will.. and I will!
All in all, a good evening.

And before some of you scoff at my dinner choice, saying that it's not enough for a real meal let me break it down first:

      Seaweed Snack (!):  60 Calories
Roasted Broc:  Broccoli: 100 Calories
                      Olive Oil:  112 Calories/13.5g Fat
          Nutritional Yeast:  45ish Calories/1g Fat/5g Carbs/4g Fiber/8g Protein
            Coconut Butter:  180 Calories/18g Fat/8g Carbs/6g Fiber/ 2g Protein
                                      497 Calories/lots of fat/10g Fiber/10g Protein


A hefty meal for sure.  Too much fat for one meal also, but that darn coconut butter is so hard to put down!!!

Happy Tuesday Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment