Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I Beat the Bridge

And better yet, I did it with my best friends! 


It was a very rainy day in Seattle, but we all stuck it out together. 


our other special guest!  So proud of my dad for starting his running journey later in life!  We have a lot of fun and a lot of good convos when we run together.

The worst part of the weather was actually before the race, when we were standing around waiting for it to start.  So cold and so wet!  I don't think I have ever looked forward to the running part of a race so much though - no anxiety, no nervousness; just a "let's get this effer started" attitude! :) Whatever works, right??

  The other best part of running races with friends????

Brunch, obviously!

After changing into warmer clothes our wonderful group met up again; this time at Hector's for food and Bloody Marys.  I pretty much plan out what I'm going to eat/drink after each long run days in advance... and we had been planning on a home brunch with grapefruit mimosas, but while driving back home, wet and shivering, burgers and Bloody Marys sounded way better!  So a change of plans it was. 


Yum!  This place is SO good for brunch.  They have a pretty extensive list of options for any mood you may be in. 


After brunch I had some much needed QT with Jif and Janae.  While sipping on champagne, we designed Janae's wedding announcements/reception invites and caught up.  Such a nice afternoon!  Days like this make me feel so lucky to have these amazing people in my life.  Cheesy much? :)

And now, another Monday...

1 comment: