Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What May Be the Best Find of the Year

Remember how I mentioned our little Sunday Funday adventure to Theo's Chocolate factory??

Well I just happened to come home with a container of these little gems..

The nice guy who worked there was certain I wouldn't like them but boy was he wrong!  I couldn't stop snacking on them while there, so I thought it only appropriate to pay for some of my own.
For anyone who might not be familiar with this superfood - yes superfood people - it's good to know going in that it doesn't taste like chocolate.  Sure there's the familiar coco smell and flavor hidden in there somewhere, but they're not not sweetened at all & there is absolutely no cream or milk added either.  Just 100% Cocoa (as noted on above picture).
It's difficult to explain without you trying them yourself, but I love the crunch texture and I LOVE the health benefits. It has more antioxidant flavonoids than any food tested so far, including blueberries, red wine, and black and green teas. 
Sprinkled on overnight oats or a delish green smoothie?? Perfection!

 Smoothie dumped into almost empty sunflower seed butter jar??? Seriously delicious. 
 I know it may not look appitizig but it is!  You see green but I promise you don't taste it. 
Yum. 


Has anyone else tried Cocoa Nibs??? What did you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment