Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Numero Dos

Over the years, I've collected many little obsessions. And when I say a "little", it's more like a lot. I mean, maybe one a week if I'm going to be honest with you. It's like something catches my eye, crawls around the edge, jumps into my brain and builds a nest. Denim, shoes, snacks.. doesn't matter. There is no person, place, thing or ideal that escapes the possibility of becoming my new obsession.
A good party, which falls into the 'ideal' category, doesn't evade this pattern. Although it's more than just the booze. It's about friends, family, themes, and fun.

I think it started with Lucas's 30th birthday party. I went borderline insane trying to keep it a surprise, while simultaneously doing my all to ensure his very best friends and family were in attendance. And though there may have been a minor breakdown around 4 o'clock that afternoon, the party itself went off without a hitch.. even better than I could have hoped actually. His parents came up from Olympia, his best friend drove from Portland and our close buddies all made their way to the same bar. Best part by far was that he completely believed my fib.. which was that I was insisting on celebrating our extremely important, highly traditional, One Year Getting-engaged-anniversary. Needless to say, it was a fun night and ever since, I've been enthralled with the idea of throwing great parties.

And now back to the point... Jiff and I threw a Halloween party this year. It was small but we were still super proud of all the work we did and even more proud of our friends' costumes.

Some of the treats we served.. Butternut Squash tarts and Black Vodka/Champagne Cocktail
A couple of sailors Who knew Chriss Angel & Rachel Zoe were such good friends.
"Tan" of GTL
Dexter & his victim

The girls were tired after a long night. Gotta love the cuddle shot!




No comments:

Post a Comment