Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snow Day

So I never quite made it to my last workout class of the week on Friday. To my surprise, Lucas chose Pilates on Thursday which was a good change of pace from my usual cardio/strength classes, but I just got a bit too busy on Friday. I did however go for a good hill run with Jif on Saturday morning, so I still feel good about getting my 5 workouts in.
Saturday brought with it a trip to Yakima to see our bestie Mandi and her kids, then Sunday was a long drive back. It was definitely worth it though to be able to spend such quality time with loved ones.

Mandi's little bugs, Ashlyn and Kailer
















Skipping forward to this morning -

Lucas informed me that it was not worth it for me to try driving to work today and what can I say, it didn't take much convincing. So instead I got up to make my husband breakfast. We really wanted french toast but only had English muffins so I improvised.
It was actually very good and pretty darn healthy after our alterations to the recipe.



Here's what I used:
4 English Muffins
1 Egg + 2 Egg whites
1 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons Splenda
1 tablespoon Cinnimon (could've used more I think)

Wisk eggs until frothy, then add milk, splenda and cinn. Wisk well and transfer to a shallow bowl for dipping.
Place muffins cut side down in egg mixture for about 3 minutes, then turn and leave for 1 more minute.
Place on greased pan (heated on medium) for about 3 minutes on cut side, then another minute on the flip.




















We used sunflower seed butter, nuts and sugar free syrup as toppings.
I should mention that I'm not a low-carb follower by any means, and I usually don't suggest using sugar free things instead of natural sugars, but splenda (both for baking and coffee) and syrup are two things that I will continue to buy SF. What can I say, it's worth it to me to save the calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment