Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thank Goodness for Wine..

WTF was that, that just happened to me last night??? I don’t want to be rude, but that Zumba class I took yesterday could only be properly classified as a joke. Honestly, I’m not exaggerating. It was even the first time I’d ever wished for one of those Bodybug things that display the amount of calories you’ve burned, just because I was sure that it would be under 100, which wouldn’t even cover the glass of wine I was going to have.
There was one point especially, where we were in a semi-squat position and trying to act like we were “drumming a metal drum” to the drum sounds of the music. This would have been almost acceptable if there was any way of knowing at all when the drum sounds were going to play on the song. I don’t know if I can explain this in a way that any of you would know what on earth I’m talking about, but just imagine a room of about 15 women in various levels of squatting, with their arms out like “a calypso drummer” (her words, not mine) trying to guess when the drum sounds were going to come and for how long.. it was a mess. And I swear to you, Ms Zumba Teacher herself wasn’t even on the beat.
Thankfully, Black Shirt Girl drumming next to me started laughing at my obviously annoyed expression and told me that she had never once been to a Zumba class like this one and that I should not let this wack job deter me from it all together. I laughed and agreed to trying the other instructor on Monday. So, to be continued on that one..
After an annoying workout though, I came home to a loving husband and my favorite Purple Chop Salad… YUM!


Oh, and I obviously still had my glass of wine.

So for today I have two choices; Pilates or Muscle Blast. My decision will be based on two variables: 1. When I get out of work today, since Pilates is at 4:30 and Muscle Blast at 5:30, and two, whether or not the Husband would like to join me (he’s not necessarily a fan of Pilates).

Most likely, I’ll be going to the Muscle Blast which is a strength based class, using the barbell and free weights. There’s basically no cardio involved which is a hard pill for me to swallow in classes, but then it also lends itself to being able to concentrate on, and perfect form, which I’m obsessed with. And let’s face it, any class that gets me to use weights for a full hour will pay off in my running later.

1 comment:

  1. I literally laughed out loud when I read this! Better luck next time Janine! We have a Zumba class on Friday that I'm still a little hesitant to take. Nothing beats hip hop. ;)

    ReplyDelete