Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Two Things...

1. There are times that my solo, at-home meals are created out of sheer desperation and laziness. Either I don't feel like grocery shopping, or I am intent on using the random leftovers in order to be more budget friendly.
I'm realizing that I'm in a definite phase right now with eating... squash and Greek yogurt. I've already shared the healthy dessert with pumpkin puree, splenda and nuts, now this is the savory dish I had the other day.
I roasted a butternut squash with olive oil, salt and pepper, then while still oven-warm, shredded fontina cheese over it and added a generous dollop of plain Greek yogurt.
The little specs on top are from baked kale chips that I had made the other day; I figured sprinkling the rest over my dinner dish would add some more flavor and vitamins.
It was so good and very filling!

2. Every once in a while I get e-mails from Sephora telling me about new 'must-have' products. After becoming completely convinced that the Stila One Step Complexion Brush could possibly change my life, I obviously had to have it.
I had never used a foundation brush before, but I absolutely loved this! It was easy-breezy to use and my make-up looked great. I have very combination skin and sometimes using my fingers to apply foundation causes me to flake, but using the brush was much easier and although I have yet to perfect the concealer side of the brush, I am optimistic that it will work just as well. Thanks for the great suggestion Sephora!

No comments:

Post a Comment